We’re talking about community perception, not legal issues
We are not lawyers, don’t wanna be lawyers and are not giving legal advice here
- Employee Conduct Policies
- OWNER conduct policies
- Brand Representation Guidelines
- WHO is wearing your logo? When?
- WHERE can they drive the work truck
- Don’t take your work truck to the strip club – or the pot shop – we live in Colorado
- Behavior in online forums – what you say in your own name can be traced back to your company & employer. Have clear guidelines – employees and owners
- Anyone affiliated is a representative
- Family (spouse)
- When corporate decisions hurt your brand – franchise owners might not agree.
- Jimmy Johns – the owner of brand big game hunting in Africa
- The local franchise owner has no control over that
- What do you do?
- RESEARCH before you purchase the franchise
- Legal is not always right – weigh what they tell you with common sense. It’s okay to say sorry, its okay to admit fault.