If you want people to like your stuff & support you, make sure you’re doing it for them as well. Conversely – if you have brand advocates, reward them by advocating for their own brand or passion projects if they have them.
This is actually a good kind of quid pro quo.
If you DON’T reward your Advocates
- you’re going to lose the channel.
- You get a reputation for being a “taker”
- You lose the network your cheerleader gave you access to
If you DO reward your Advocates
- Community Goodwill
- You earn a reputation for being a team player/supportive
- You maintain access to your advocate’s network – and their advocates may become your advocates.
More reach = more eyes = more engagement = more authority & credibility for your own brand